Left-leaning Detroit Free Press and talk show media entertainment outlets reported that a political icon of the left had been killed by police -when they had to have known the man was not dead because of his essential status in their community.
Key Point: On August 23, 2020, Jacob S. Blake, a 29-year-old black man, was shot and seriously injured by police officer Rusten Sheskey in Kenosha, Wisconsin, triggering a massive crime spree of looting and arson. Small businesses were destroyed, and lives were devastated in the aftermath of the political theater by the left. Blake emerged as an icon of the left who fundraised and pushed for favorable public policy of defunding local police departments based on Blake’s health status.
Key Point: News entertainment outlets lied about the status of Blake based upon a press statement by a Democrat operative.
DEMOCRATS TRY TO FRAME THE KYLE RITTENHOUSE TRIAL AGAIN
The talking point that Blake had died started to surface on social media immediately after Kyle Rittenhouse, who was charged with shooting three people during the riots after Blake’s hospitalization from the police shooting, was found not guilty of numerous charges against him.
Moments after the Rittenhouse verdict was announced, Sean Patrick Maloney, the head of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC), issued a statement denouncing the acquittal. “It’s disgusting and disturbing,” he said, “that someone was able into carry a loaded assault rifle into a protest against the unjust killing of Jacob Blake, an unarmed Black man…”
The only problem? Jacob Blake was not killed (he was paralyzed), and he was not unarmed. He was, in fact, holding a “razor blade-type knife” when he was shot. And the “protests” also included riots, vandalism, and looting that caused more than $50 million in damage and destroyed many local businesses.
Several talk shows and news outlets carried the talking point that Blake had died.
The Detroit Free Press, just two days after Rittenhouse’s not guilty verdict, reported that Blake had been killed by the officer, blaming the shooting on racism and police brutality.
The Daily Mail recently reported an excellent timeline of the events that unfolded in the small Wisconsin town:
- Governor Tony Evers tweeted a condemnation of the Jacob Blake shooting on August 23, the day it happened
- He said he ‘stood with’ all those protesting against racial injustice and that their voices should be heard
- Within 24 hours, the town of Kenosha was besieged by rioters who torched cars and local businesses
- On August 24, there were 1,000 protesters at the courthouse alone but fewer than 500 cops on the ground
- Governor Evers only sent 125 National Guard troops on the first nights of the riot, to help only 300 local cops
- On August 25, the day of the Rittenhouse shooting, he agreed to send another 125 but that was it
- He says that’s all the local police departments and sheriff’s department ever asked for
- Trump and Mark Meadows, then the WH Chief of Staff, offered federal troops but Evers turned them down
- Rittenhouse joined other vigilantes on the ground who said they were there to protect businesses
- He told his trial that he only ever intended to give first aid and that he was caught alone in the crowds
- Ahead of the trial verdict, Evers deployed 500 National Guard troops to be on standby near Kenosha
- Rittenhouse was found not guilty on all counts on Friday afternoon – he is now a free man
HOW THE DEMOCRATS PROPAGANDA CAMPAIGNS WORK
However, the left focused on and recited the Fake News talking point, and fact-checkers of course, did not correct anyone.
WHAT IS THE SOURCE OF THE LIE? THE DEMOCRATS
The Politico article makes another great point, the Democrats own this mess, and voters very well may push back on them:
“Even before Rittenhouse’s acquittal on Friday, it was clear that the incidents in Kenosha were going to cast a long shadow over the 2022 elections in Wisconsin. But the verdict once again highlighted the deep partisan divisions and particularly the problems that Democrats face in the crucial battleground state. And it could hurt Kamala Harris the most. FLASHBACK
Blake has been a political celebrity for the Democrats left for some time. Now that they have “killed him off” in their grand drama, that doesn’t mean he is really going to disappear from the public arena. Footage resurfaced recently of Democrat Kamala Harris visiting Blake when he was hospitalized for his injuries, where she made a point to tell him that she was proud of him.
Now, what will Kamala say that her hero has been declared dead when he is, in fact, still alive?
Perhaps Blake is more alive than her political career?