Members of the House Oversight Committee got the breaking news on Tuesday that Democrat Presidential candidate Joe Biden had received a massive amount of money from the Chinese Communist Party as a result of his son, Hunter Biden.
Remember, “Where is the Money?”
Did you sell out of the country? Looks like the Oversight Committee found some of the money.
From an Oversight press release:
WASHINGTON—House Committee on Oversight and Accountability Chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) today announced the House Oversight Committee subpoenaed and obtained two bank wires revealing Hunter Biden received payments originating from Chinese nationals, including Jonathan Li, in July and August 2019 when Joe Biden was running for President of the United States. Joe Biden’s Wilmington, Delaware home is listed as the beneficiary address for both wires.
“Bank records don’t lie but President Joe Biden does. In 2020, Joe Biden told Americans that his family never received money from China. We’ve already proved that to be a lie earlier this year, and now we know that two wires originating from Beijing listed Joe Biden’s Wilmington home as the beneficiary address when he was running for President of the United States. When Joe Biden was vice president, he spoke on the phone and had coffee with Jonathan Li in Beijing, and later wrote a college letter of recommendation for his children,” said Chairman Comer.
“Joe Biden’s abuse of public office for his family’s financial gain threatens our national security. What did the Bidens do with this money from Beijing? Americans demand and deserve accountability for President Biden and the First Family’s corruption. The Oversight Committee, along with the Judiciary and Ways and Means Committees, will continue to follow the evidence and money to provide transparency and accountability.”
- Jonathan Li and Hunter Biden developed a business relationship during Joe Biden’s vice presidency.
- On July 26, 2019, Hunter Biden received a $10,000 wire from Wang Xin. On August 2, 2019, Hunter Biden received a $250,000 wire from Jonathan Li and Tan Ling. Both wires originated in Beijing and Joe Biden’s Wilmington, Delaware home is listed as the beneficiary address for both wires.
- Nearly three months later, on October 13, 2019, Hunter Biden’s attorney George Mesires stated that Hunter Biden received no money from BHR and did not disclose any payments from Jonathan Li.
- Evidence shows Joe Biden developed a familiar relationship with Jonathan Li during his vice presidency and prior to these payments to Hunter Biden. Devon Archer, a Biden business associate, described how Joe Biden met with Jonathan Li in Beijing, China, had a phone call with him, and later wrote college recommendation letters for his children.
- In December 2013, during a vice presidential trip to Beijing, reports indicate that “Hunter, shortly after arriving in Beijing, on December 4, helped arrange for Li to shake hands with his father in the lobby of the American delegation’s hotel.”
- On October 22, 2020, Joe Biden falsely said, “My son has not made money, in terms of thing about, what are you talking about? China. The only guy who made money in China is [President Trump].”
Members were quick to report on the details as the first Impeachment hearing draws near:
Hageman statement: $250,000 Chinese wire transfer listed Joe Biden’s home address
September 26, 2023
Washington, DC – Rep. Harriet Hageman (WY), a member of the House Judiciary Committee, today issued the following statement regarding the bombshell revelation that Chinese wire transfers, exceeding $250,000 in total, listed President Joe Biden’s home address in Delaware as the location of the beneficiary of the funds.
Hageman’s statement is as follows:
“How many times have we heard from the Democrats and their media allies that ‘there’s nothing to see here, no evidence at all’? Well, now we know that Joe Biden’s home address was listed on wire transfers from China, even after he flatly denied that his son Hunter ever made money from doing business in that communist country. That was yet another lie in this sorry tale of basic, simple, and obvious corruption.
“Over the last several weeks alone, we have learned of 5,400 Joe Biden emails sent under pseudonyms, his lunch meetings with oligarchs, phone conference calls to Hunter’s business meetings, and over 150 flagged Biden family bank transactions. As the impeachment inquiry ramps up, I look forward to helping the American people understand the depths of this scandal.”
More of our reporting: